All times are UTC - 5 hours

About Saturday's Chat with Crystal
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:51 pm 

Hi, All!

You're invited to come and chat with Crystal on Saturday, August 8, at 6:00 p.m. ET/3:00 p.m. We will be running our chat concurrently with Big Purple Dreams, so you can join us in either of the chatrooms. I hope you'll be able to join us, as Crystal is very open and engaging at our chats, and her sense of humor is evident as well!

To get to our CCandFriends chatroom, just click here:

http://www.ccandfriends.com/chat.shtml

Then, click on "Chat Now". Enter the password crystal. Then, when the chatroom opens, you will get a prompt to enter a user name. Pick a user name and then click Connect. This will take you to the chatroom. If it doesn't appear that you're in the chatroom at that point, look at the toobar at the bottom of your screen and click on the little bar with the cup of coffee and the word "Chat", which will take you there.

Just a few reminders about how the chat will run.
First of all, I'll be relaying all of your comments and questions to Crystal during the chat and typing for her as well (word for word, so it will be HER answers you'll see)!

Our member, Cat, is our chatroom moderator, and she will call on folks to ask questions one at a time. If you have a question, simply type a question mark. When it is your turn, Cat will call on you and you can submit your question. Often, it's a good idea to have your question typed in the box at the bottom of the chatroom, so all you have to do is click to submit it, saving time and allowing Crystal to answer as many questions as possible in the hour or so she will spend with us.
Example:

Sue: ?
Tom: ?
Cat: You're up, Sue, what's your question?
Sue: (Then, Sue would submit her question.)

I would suggest that you come to the chatroom several minutes before 6 p.m. ET to be sure to be able to get in, as this chat will be open to fans from all over the internet and not just our club members. If you see "Crystal" there, it's "me" until the chat gets started!

Hope you can make it!! Should be a fun (and hopefully, informative) session!!

Cathie : )

Profile Send private message  

Re: About Saturday's Chat with Crystal
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm 
Fan Club Member

I am sooo excited, I can hardly contain myself [smilie=giddy.gif]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:42 pm 
Fan Club Member

If my relatives come in this weekend I am playing sick.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:33 pm 

About how long will this "chat" go on? 1 hr? 2 hrs? 3hrs??

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:02 pm 
Fan Club Member

[smilie=hannissishappy.gif]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:56 pm 
Fan Club Member

fannnnnn wrote:
About how long will this "chat" go on? 1 hr? 2 hrs? 3hrs??

Until CC gets sick of us!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:06 am 
Fan Club Member

A few more things... as the moderator, I'll be using all caps so that Cathie can see me easily... I'm not shouting at you all, really! LOL!

As soon as Crystal arrives, I ask that you cut out all chatter, so that the room won't move so fast the questions won't be seen.

I'll be taking question orders in small groups at a time, so that everyone will have a chance to ask. If you've already had a question answered, please let someone else have a turn...

You can have a question OR a comment... try to think of something creative...

If someone else has already asked something similar, we might move to the next question, so try to ask something different.

Like Cathie said, I'll be lining people up... I like to let you know when your turn is coming, so I might say,

Sue, your turn is next, get your question ready. Tom, you're after Sue. After Tom is Debbie.

Have your question then ready to go, and as soon is it's our room's turn, I'll say, "Go, Sue!" and hit send to ask your question.

We will be alternating questions between chatrooms and you will see questions and CC's answers from the other chat c/p'd into ours.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation! It will help the chat run smoothly!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:50 am 
Gold Member

Greetings to all those new to CCnFriends! Nice to see new "faces" around here!

If this is your first ever Crystal chat, believe me, it will be fun. So come prepared with a question ... you just never know ... sit back, relax, and enjoy the conversation!

See you all Saturday!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 6:53 pm 
Fan Club Member

Yes, Cathie and Cat – we’ll be good, anything for you guys… [smilie=hypocrite.gif]

Ok, now that they have the important items out of the way, I’d like to add a few things.

If you’ve ever popped into the chatroom on a Friday night, saw how crazy it can get, and thought “Gah, I can’t keep up!” Don’t worry – the chat with Crystal is much calmer, still just as fun, but calmer. Keeping up shouldn’t be a problem!

When Cat asks everyone to quiet down because Crystal has arrived, everyone becomes very respectful and stops chatting. If someone keeps chatting, don’t get caught up in it and follow suit – that just makes it way too confusing, which might cause Cat to get out her whip. Trust me….you don’t want that to happen. Just kidding Cat – lol!

The only other thing I would add is, if you’ve never been in the chatroom, try to pop in there between now and Saturday night. That way you can get yourself setup with a user name in advance, and you won’t be rushing around trying to get it done just before the chat. It’s easy enough to do, but this way you’ll be all set ahead of time – and – you never know when you might find someone in the room willing to chat about CC, GL, Venice, or…just about anything! Plus, they’re usually willing to answer any questions you might have about setting up a user name, etc…right ladies?

The chat with Crystal is a terrific experience – just remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself!

Cathie, Cat, and Win provide a great time chatting with Crystal – thanks in advance to all four of you for setting this up for us!!

Hope to see you all there!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:04 pm 
Fan Club Member

Cathie wrote:
Example:
Sue: ?
Tom: ?
Cat: You're up, Sue, what's your question?

Cat wrote:
Like Cathie said, I'll be lining people up... I like to let you know when your turn is coming, so I might say,

Sue, your turn is next, get your question ready. Tom, you're after Sue. After Tom is Debbie.

Look at that - Cathie's first person being called on is "Sue"...and so is Cat's!
Hmmm...think I might change my name to Sue!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:11 pm 
Gold Member

mpkreeds wrote:
Yes, Cathie and Cat – we’ll be good, anything for you guys… [smilie=hypocrite.gif]

Ok, now that they have the important items out of the way, I’d like to add a few things.

If you’ve ever popped into the chatroom on a Friday night, saw how crazy it can get, and thought “Gah, I can’t keep up!” Don’t worry – the chat with Crystal is much calmer, still just as fun, but calmer. Keeping up shouldn’t be a problem!

When Cat asks everyone to quiet down because Crystal has arrived, everyone becomes very respectful and stops chatting. If someone keeps chatting, don’t get caught up in it and follow suit – that just makes it way too confusing, which might cause Cat to get out her whip. Trust me….you don’t want that to happen. Just kidding Cat – lol!

The only other thing I would add is, if you’ve never been in the chatroom, try to pop in there between now and Saturday night. That way you can get yourself setup with a user name in advance, and you won’t be rushing around trying to get it done just before the chat. It’s easy enough to do, but this way you’ll be all set ahead of time – and – you never know when you might find someone in the room willing to chat about CC, GL, Venice, or…just about anything! Plus, they’re usually willing to answer any questions you might have about setting up a user name, etc…right ladies?

The chat with Crystal is a terrific experience – just remember to sit back, relax, and enjoy yourself!

Cathie, Cat, and Win provide a great time chatting with Crystal – thanks in advance to all four of you for setting this up for us!!

Hope to see you all there!

Nicely said mpk!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:42 pm 
Fan Club Member

thanks ..my question was already answered...
:oops:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:25 pm 
Fan Club Member

An example of what can be expected tomorrow... for those who wanted a link to the previous chat transcript, it's in the 9th post of the thread in this link:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=695

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:37 am 

BTW, I can't remember the password for the "Crystal" or "CrystalChappell" monikers for me to use when typing for Crystal in our chatroom, SOOOO, if our webmistress doesn't get back to me on that by tonight, I'll be signing in as CChappell. Cat will know by the time it gets started and let you all know which id I'm on as I type for Crystal.

Thanks!
Cathie :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:58 pm 

I won't be able to make it to the chat today - but wanted to check there will be a post of the transcript at some point after the chat right?

I hope so :)
thank you!
T