All times are UTC - 5 hours

Carly Articles, Blogs, Pictures & Information
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:43 am 

From the Pancakes & Valium podcast, September 4, 2009

Listen to the full interview here:

http://pancakesandavalium.com/2009/09/c ... s-it-real/

On why Crystal is excited to be playing Carly Manning again...

Quote:
Because she comes back completely different. She's still innately a good person, but she comes back with all these problems and flaws; she has a sense of humour and doesn't take herself so seriously, so it's been a lot of fun. It's good old fashioned soap because there's murder and ... well ... at this point there's nothing romantic ... but I think she's going to shake things up a little bit in Salem for a while, and I like shaking things up!

Profile Send private message  

Re: Carly Articles, Blogs, Pictures & Information
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:50 am 

EXAMINER.COM
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-592- ... ng-returns

Dr. Carly Manning will be back in Salem very soon and given the character's rich history on the show, her return will definitely spice up the daytime television menu of choices making Days of our Lives a good bet for your fall love in the afternoon viewing selections.

The charismatic doctor who was once falsely accused of killing her patients in Salem married and divorced Victor Kiriakis and had a hot love affair with Bo Brady that actually led to a symbolic marriage ceremony between the two.

Manning's character was played from 1990-1993 by former Guiding Light actress Crystal Chappell and she is now reprising that role this fall. GL fans know right out of the gate Chappell will lure her Springfield fan base over to Salem based solely upon her ability to perform whatever scene a scriptwriter tosses her with flawless perfection combined with lots of heart and pure passion.

If you want to catch up with Chappell's role on Days back in the day, Dan Kroll over at SoapCentral.com has a great character history on Dr. Carly Manning.

Bo and Carly fell in love, but Bo was still mourning his wife and couldn't make a commitment to her. Carly, who was acting as Victor's physical therapist, accepted his wedding proposal, even though she didn't love him. Bo befriended a young girl named Emmy Borden, who was in love with him. The night before Carly was to marry Victor Kiriakis, Bo wrote a love letter to Carly begging her not to go through with it. Bo asked Emmy to deliver it to Carly, but unknown to Bo she gave it to Victor. Victor replaced Bo's letter with a forged one that urged Carly to marry Victor. He sent a forged letter from Carly to Bo telling Bo that she was in love with Victor and was going to marry him. Devastated, Bo showed up at their wedding and toasted to them with a glass of champaign. Unfortunately, the champaign he drank was poisoned by Emmy, who expected Carly to drink it. Bo was infected with the virus that Lawrence had created and was using to kill off ISA agents."

See the NBC promo below currently being aired to reintroduce Manning to Days viewers. While the game shows begin over at CBS, the games are just getting started at Days of our Lives thanks to Chappell's much anticipated return.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:52 am 

(Original post by BBK)
Friday, September 18, 2009

ABOUT.COM!
http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2009/ ... teaser.htm

NBC and Sony have confirmed that Daytime Emmy-winning actress Crystal Chappell's first airdate as Dr. Carly Manning will be Monday, October 5. As previously reported, the beautiful Carly Manning was last seen in Salem in October 1993 before she departed town with her former love Lawrence Alamain and their son Nicholas.

After a 16-year absence from Salem, Carly is now on the run in Europe. She has committed a murder, which has put her and other close friends in danger. She seeks help from none other than former lover Bo Brady and feels as though he's the only one she can trust. With Bo and Hope growing further apart in the aftermath of Ciara's kidnapping, Carly's presence is definitely bound to cause even more tension in the Bradys' marriage.

Longtime DAYS fans may recall that Bo and Carly fell in love during the period of time when Hope was presumed dead. One of the biggest tearjerking scenes in the history of DAYS was back in 1990 when Bo was forced to witness Hope suspended in a cage over a vat of acid, which soon exploded courtesy of Ernesto Toscano. There were very few fans who had a dry eye during those final farewell moments between Bo and Hope. Bo grieved for his true love Hope for many months, but eventually found love again with Carly.

Take a look at the brief NBC promotional video on Carly's return. Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso, and Crystal Chappell look absolutely stunning in the clip. Will Carly come between Bo and Hope or will the Bradys eventually find their way back to one another? What about Justin? It seems as though Justin and Hope have grown closer since Ciara's kidnapping ordeal. Stay tuned!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:01 pm 

SUDS REPORT - FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 25, 2009

Quote:
Days of our Lives, Global/NBC — No. 1 in 18-34 Demo for 2008-09! Who did Carly murder?
• NBC is proud of Gary Tomlin! The lone network sudser released a press release stating that DAYS finished the year as No. 1 in the Women 18-34 demo! Nice work! Let’s see how Crystal Chappell’s Otalia fans will impact Salem’s ratings when she returns on Oct. 2!

• Chappell gives Digest the 411 on her return storyline in this week’s issue. She previews, “I was hoping they’d bring her back with some edge — and they have! Carly comes back having killed someone. She’s on the run and trying to protect somebody she loves very, very much — and it’s not Bo. Everything I read makes sense and is really good.”

The Suds Report has been briefed on the exact storyline — and we can happily report that the story sounds really good and is well-written — on paper, that is. So tune in, Otalia lovers and ex-DAYS fans!

Look for Chappell’s hubby, Michael Sabatino, to reprise his role on Oct. 5 for a short-term comeback.

• Quadrangle alert: Anyone else noticing chemistry between Wally Kurth and Kristian Alfonso? I am! And I like it. A lot.

• North Americans aren’t the only fans turning off their soaps in droves. If you live in New Zealand, then write into Television New Zealand to prevent the network from cancelling DAYS and Y&R. Both shows are scheduled for termination at the end of next month.

• Who was the most surprised that Suzanne Rogers has returned to the supporting front burner? The Emmy winner herself! She tells Suds, “I still can’t believe I’m working so much! Gary Tomlin has really turned around the show. When I first came on DAYS, we weren’t making a lot of money, but we had great story, and I have to say that is the feeling right now.” So will Rogers put herself up for Supporting consideration for next year’s Emmys? “I don’t know,” muses the Salem matriarch. “I have some good material, I think. However, I’m the kind of person that thinks once you’ve won, it’s time to allow someone else to win, you know?” But listen if the producers put me up, I’ll be honoured. If they don’t, I will not submit my name.” Spoken like a true team player. As for why she still resonates with viewers after all these years, Rogers maintains, “She’s a sassier version of Alice Horton! She can give the kids the hard truth!” When Suds mentioned that Rogers has single-handedly made Molly Burnett a better actor, she couldn’t disagree with us! “I think so, too! We have some wonderful scenes together. Maggie is the voice of reason!”

• Memo to Molly Burnett and Casey Jon Dietrich — we get it, you’re in love! Clearly, the two young lovebirds haven’t learned Hollywood’s big lesson: If you really love each other, don’t jinx it by talking about it ad nauseam.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:53 pm 

Days of our Lives Sneak Peek: Week of 9/28/09

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/d ... peek-92809

Most importantly, this Friday, October 2nd, Carly Manning returns! Yes, Crystal Chappell starts off a month of fabulous Days returnees. And don't forget that Carly's arrival coincides with Bo and Hope's faltering relationship. Oh snap!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:23 pm 

http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/ ... apgeist_NB

Quote:
Carly’s got two big fat secrets on DAYS!

Soapgeist encourages everyone to start watching DAYS. While Crystal Chappell returns to reclaim what is rightfully hers on Oct. 2, November Sweeps is the month you can’t miss (Louise Sorel is killing it, report moles). As most fans know, Carly returns to town having killed someone, but Soapgeist has learned Princess Katerina actually has another bombshell secret. And it’s a doozy! Our lips are sealed. Unfortunately, the second secret has not made me a happy camper, but if anyone can make it work, it’s La Chappell.

Quote:
Top 5 Actresses to Watch:
1. Crystal Chappell (Carly, DAYS)
2. Arianne Zucker (Nicole, DAYS)
3. Sharon Case (Sharon, Y&R)
4. Florencia Lozano (Téa, One Life)
5. Eileen Davidson (Ashley, Y&R)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:09 am 
Fan Club Member

Quote:
"As most fans know, Carly returns to town having killed someone, but Soapgeist has learned Princess Katerina actually has another bombshell secret. And it’s a doozy! Our lips are sealed. Unfortunately, the second secret has not made me a happy camper, but if anyone can make it work, it’s La Chappell."

Oh crap, they're possibly already lumbering her with something ridiculous she's got to crawl out from under? Just super.

Ah well, welcome to DOOL. :|

Good thing this is Crystal we're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:48 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 am 
Fan Club Member

http://sn.soapnet.go.com/news/article/d ... k?page=0,0

Days of our Lives: Bringing Carly Back
September 29, 2009 4:45 PM By Courtney Potter

After a 16-year absence from the show, Crystal Chappell returns to Days of our Lives as Dr. Carly Manning Alamain -- aka Katerina von Leuschner, European Bluebood -- this Friday, October 2nd! Since we here at SOAPnet.com are nothing if not generous, we're here to provide you with not only a quick update on Crystal the Actress, but also a refresher course on Carly the Character ... and what her return might mean for the town of Salem.

We're big, big fans of Crystal -- and we have been ever since she first came on the Days scene as Carly in June 1990. But you may or may not know that Days wasn't Crystal's first daytime gig; she appeared as a day player on All My Children in 1989, followed by a brief sojourn on Santa Barbara. Navigating the soap world ever since, Crystal joined One Life to Live after her Days stint ended (she played clowning enthusiast Maggie Carpenter from 1995 till '97), and moved on to the role of Olivia Spencer on Guiding Light in 1999.

Crystal originated the role of Olivia, costarring on GL from '99 until its recent series finale -- taking her fans on a delirious ride over almost a full decade. During her time in Springfield, Olivia dealt with her daughter's teenage pregnancy (she, too, had been with child as a youngun), received a heart transplant, and fell in love with Natalia -- the wife of her heart donor. Collectively known as "Otalia," the pair was one of the first long-term lesbian couples on daytime TV.

Crystal won the Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in 2002 for her portrayal of Olivia, and was nominated four other times (both in the Supporting Actress and Lead Actress categories). Before her stint on GL, she took a brief foray into primetime TV, guest starring on shows like Walker, Texas Ranger and Diagnosis: Murder.

But back to Days: When Carly Manning first came to Salem, it was as a woman on the run. The good doctor thought she wouldn't know anyone there; naturally, she ran into TWO people from her past -- including Bo Brady, whom she wound up getting very close to after she treated his son Shawn-Douglas. Of course, her long-lost high school sweetheart -- the evil Lawrence Alamain -- found Carly in Salem. Turns out, Carly was an heir to a huge European fortune, so Lawrence kidnapped her brother Frankie in exchange for her fortune (and for Bo).

Many trials and tribulations followed -- she never did marry Bo, despite their feelings, and she entered into a short but loveless marriage with Victor Kiriakis. But perhaps most famously, she was BURIED ALIVE by Lawrence's aunt, Vivian -- who stored her in a box outfitted with oxygen and a two-way radio, with which Vivian taunted her captee from the comfy confines of the Alamain mansion. (Have we mentioned we love Vivian?)

And now, here we are -- with Carly returning to Salem, to be quickly followed by Lawrence AND Vivian ... which is sure to mean heaps and heaps of trouble! And let us not forget that Carly's old flame, Bo Brady, is currently in the midst of a crumbling marriage with longtime love Hope. Does Carly's return spell a concrete end to the Bo & Hope era? Is it just a stumbling block?

As we know from Crystal's interview with TV Guide Magazine, Carly has -- in her time away from Salem, living in Monaco -- committed a murder, and is on the run. The only person she believes can help her is police commissioner Bo ... but will he be willing to?

Some of these questions will be answered soon enough! Make sure to tune in to Days of our Lives on Friday, October 2nd, for Carly's first appearance back in Salem -- and keep watching, because her story really kicks into high gear next week!

What do you think Bo will do when he knows Carly's back?

I miss you, Cathie.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:52 am 
Fan Club Member

Is it Friday yet? I can't wait. I loved the promo outtake shots of CC/PR.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:06 am 

There is a podcast interview with Crystal up at the DOOL/SONY site that you can listen to/download:

http://www.daysofourlives.com/multimedia/podcasts.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:07 am 

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/2009 ... ed-on-days

Quote:
Alamainia Hath No Fury Like Carly Manning Scorned on DAYS!

I half expect my DVR to stop working any second. I keep rewinding the blink-and-you'll-miss-it ending to Friday's Days of Our Lives over and over again. CARLY'S (Crystal Chappell) BACK BITCHES!!! And not only that, but she's a MURDERESS, and this time for real. Auntie Viv (Louise Sorel) ain't framing her by offing elderly patients at University!

Okay, okay, sure I had read the spoilers and knew Carly would kill Lawrence (Chappell's real life hubby Michael Sabatino), but nothing could have prepared me for actually seeing the once noble Katerina Von Leuschner carving the baddie like a Thanksgiving Turkey! I remember Larry being a mofo—he raped Carly's BFF Jennifer Rose (Melissa Reeves) and "killed" Patch Johnson (Stephen Nichols)— but hell, I thought Carly's love changed him?

I cannot wait to find out what Lawrence has done between 1993 and now to cause the striking beauty to turn him into a human shish kabob! I also have to admit I am about to make a mess in my undergarments over the very THOUGHT of Bo Brady (Peter Reckell) seeing his "princess" again for the first time in 16 years, and I am a HUGE Bo and Hope (Kristian Alfonso) fan! Dilemma, dilemma, which smoldering brunette, chronic eyebrow raiser do I root for?????

DAYS has got to cast Sailor Man (aka Shawn Douglas), Belle and Nicky Alamain! Put them in a triangle. Since they did the rewrite making John and Larry not brothers, it's okay for Nicky to become obsessed with his boyhood rival wife the same way his father was obsessed with Bo's fiance.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:25 pm 

http://www.themonitor.com/entertainment ... uried.html

Sharyland actress on 'Days of Our Lives' tells about return of long-lost character

It had been 16 years since anyone had seen Dr. Carly Manning. She had left the city after being buried alive by an adversary. Valley native Ashley Moss was among the first to see her again.

Moss’ role as a flight attendant on Days of Our Lives would have been a considered little more than an extra had it not been for Manning, played by Crystal Chappell. Instead, her character gets to interact with Manning in one of her first episodes back after a 16-year absence from the long-running TV soap opera.

The episodes featuring Moss and Manning air Oct. 5 and 6. Days fans have been buzzing about the Chappell’s return since July, and Moss said many of her devout fans are becoming loyal viewers of the show once again to see her in action.

“There are people who follow her from show to show because she’s such a great actress,” she said.

Moss, a graduate of Sharyland High School, spent two days on set filming her five-line part, but said it was enough time to realize that she had found her calling.

“I’ve pretty much come to the conclusion that this is what I want to do the rest of my life,” she said just days after filming her scenes in August.

Moss has been in Los Angeles since February 2008, trying to make it as an actress but finding most of her success in modeling. The part on Days was a welcomed change of pace.

“My mom and dad were out in L.A. visiting me so my mom went crazy,” she said. “For me, it was just like ‘Oh my God, I get to speak!’”

Moss, 24, has been spending much of her days as a fit model for Fire Jeans. Essentially, the jean makers use her as the mold to fit their jeans to. While admittedly not her calling, the gig does have perks.

“I have way too many clothes now,” she said. “I don’t know what I’m going to do with all these clothes because I know they fit me, but it’s just too much.”

The former high school track star says the chance to go from model to serious actress is a move she hopes to make quickly, but she’s enjoying the ride nonetheless.

“I think there’s a right time and place for everything,” she said.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:01 pm 

SOAPGEIST FOR MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2009
http://tvguide.ca/Soaps/Nelson_Ratings/ ... ist_NB.htm

Top 3 Storylines to Watch:
1. Yep, I’m a Murderess, DAYS

2. The War of the DiMeras, DAYS
3. Téa’s Mommie Dearest, One Life

Top 5 Actresses to Watch:
1. Crystal Chappell (Carly, DAYS)

2. Arianne Zucker (Nicole, DAYS)
3. Florencia Lozano (Téa, One Life)
4. Kassie DePaiva (Blair, One Life)
5. Lisa LoCicero (Olivia, GH)

Top 5 Actors to Watch:
1. James Scott (EJ, DAYS)
2. Michael Sabatino (Lawrence, DAYS)
3. Billy Miller (Billy, Y&R)
4. Michael Muhney (Adam, Y&R)
5. Trevor St. John (Todd, One Life)

Top 3 Duos to Watch:
1. Carly and Lawrence, DAYS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:22 pm 

DAYTIME CONFIDENTIAL PODCAST

Discussion of Carly's rumoured love interest...

http://daytimeconfidential.com/2009/10/ ... -strippers

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:36 pm 

SALEM PLACE
by Dawn Griffin

"So far, so... "
Days delivers the goods

For the full Days commentary go here:
http://www.soaptownusa.com/salem.html

Quote:
Awesomely good: At the end of Friday's show, we hear two people exchanging harsh words, we hear a scuffle and the next thing we see is a knife being skewered into the guts of one Lawrence Alamain. Said knife met it's target by way of Carly Manning and while Lawrence had a definite look of "Uh oh" on his face, it was Crystal Chappell's scene to sell and sell it she did. Using only her eyes, she told us plenty about what hell Carly had apparently been through with Lawrence (hell we have yet to see), and those eyes spoke volumes, including the hate she now felt for the guy she just turned into a shish kabob. Carly was fed up, she had decided enough was enough and she was going to fight back and win. Did any of that air? No, I saw all of that in her eyes. Sometimes dialogue is not needed, as this scene clearly demonstrated.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:03 pm 

Quote:
Carly is here to stay in a big way, so you might want to re-acquaint yourself with her past http://bit.ly/37uKJO

The powers that be are very keen on Crystal Chappell (aren't we all!)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:53 am 

Did being buried alive all those years ago make "Days of our Lives"' Carly crazy? Or did she really have a reason for stabbing her husband, Lawrence, who was holding her captive?

Now that the soap doc is back in Salem, fans will get a chance to find out.

"She knifed her husband. That is not who she is. She is a doctor. She saves lives. There had to be a threat for her to do that," Crystal Chappell, who plays the character says in defense of Carly.

It was back in 1993 that Carly was buried alive by Vivian Alamain (Louise Sorel), and dug up by Lawrence (Michael Sabatino, who is her real-life husband -- not stabbed).

"I don't know why [people] want to hold her captive and lock her up in little boxes," she tells ET. "We do talk about the buried alive thing. The relationship with Carly and Vivian [who is also back] is so delicious and so much fun. They joke about it the two of them, so it is certainly going to be discussed."

Carly was also brought back to Salem to spice up the storyline for Bo (Peter Reckell) and Hope (Kristian Alfonso). Bo fell in love with Carly back when he thought Hope was dead. Now that he and Hope are having relationship issues, Carly's return introduces a much-welcomed triangle.

"It is a perfect soap opera story," Peter says. "There is all that conflict and turmoil. Which direction do I go? When Carly was around before, Hope wasn't, so I totally fell in love with her. It is between a rock and a hard place. The fact that Bo and Hope are having problems, the feelings for Carly start to come up."

And Peter, who has been on the soap for more than 20 years, says that his fans are excited about the possibilities.

"I actually was really surprised at the response because the news came out when I went on a publicity tour for the Emmys," he tells ET. "Almost everybody I spoke to was really excited about Crystal coming back to the show."

"Days of our Lives" airs weekdays on NBC.

Posted November 03, 2009 12:08:00 AM

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/11/80418/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:35 pm 

Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:55 pm 
Fan Club Member

Way to go CC fans in getting out there and voting in that Carly poll. Looks like some interesting stuff coming up for Bo/Carly/Hope.